Bayleaf is fully aware of the obligations that being a responsible leader in business places upon us.
“Bayleaf is a progressive and socially aware company, and are dedicated to integrating ethical and environmental considerations into our business strategies. We believe that a sound approach to CSR is integral to the long- term sustainability of our business and we will endeavour to be responsible in all our dealings with customers, suppliers, our employees and the wider community.”
With this in mind, we endeavour to work in accord with the 10 Principles set out in the United Nation’s Global Compact:
- Principle 1: businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.